In 2019 we reformed the Creation Care group at MBFC and they wanted to share some of their top tips for how to try and live sustainably:
- Don’t try to change everything at once. You will find that it is not sustainable, it is much better to try and change one thing that you can maintain than turn your life upside for just one week!
- Experiment with different things and see what works for you and your family, not everything will.
- Try and use the car less, instead choose public transport, walking or cycling.
- Reduce your consumption of meat, try ‘meat-free Monday’ or even try being a vegan for a week. You never know, you might love the alternatives!
- Consider where your food comes from, has it flown half way across the world and ended up in your fridge?
- Reduce your use of single-use plastic – this might include bringing your own water bottle, rejecting a plastic straw or even not using cling film for your sandwiches.
- Try to reuse something where possible and look to be sustainable in your shopping choices. Charity shops are a really great place to start; you can reuse someone’s unwanted clothes and save yourself some money too!
Here are just a few tips to get you started, there’s so much more that can be done. If you feel passionate about doing something to save the planet then let us know and we will put you in contact with the new Creation Care group who would love to hear from you.
Contact us at creationcare by email.